Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Break Away

    Saying all this wasn't easy is quite the understatement! I am finally on my way! Once the Open Studio Tour was over, the reality of what it was going to take to get out the door set in.  There were many projects to finish. Still many objects to find homes for.  On top the obvious stuff that needed to be done, there was this underlying uneasiness. It was like pushing against a bubble that kept stretching and stretching but wouldn't let go! Then BOOM! I'm free of it!
    It was a bug-out at the studio & apartment. I drove away from Philadelphia at 1:30 in the morning, to Gettysburg, where I spent the next day repacking:
I had to shed some weight. It is not only a Volume restriction, but the pickup is only a quarter ton. That is not much in terms of  everything that is needed to make my art and live. I had to leave behind even more tooling that I thought was important. Looks like there are more adjustments that will need to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment