Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hit The Ground Running

Ahhh Bozeman.  My re-arrival came on the first day of 2012.

The road in was great, yet another series of epic views. Just 40 miles south, the road was closed - just outside of Big Sky. The police officer said there was an accident, it would be about 3 hours until the road was opened.
"Is there another way to Bozeman?"
"Yes, back the way you came and in from the West - about a 3 hour drive."

Welcome to Montana!  There is one road to there, and if it's closed, change your plans!  I relaxed and waited - it was only a couple of hours before the road was cleared.  Very happy to be back.  Warm reception, settled in - it was nice they both had off Monday, so we had a chance to hang out, which also gave me a chance to rest up & collect myself in preparation of what was ahead of me.  I came back for a reason.  Home Base.

    Tuesday it began.  For those of you who don't know me very well, I can have a bit of trouble putting myself out there.  My whole thing on this trip has been about putting myself in positions to overcome the things that cause me anxiety & have restricted me from getting on with it, both personally and professionally. Push the boundaries of my comfort zone.  I have no choice but to move forward now. Full tilt.  There are still things from my past that need to be dealt with, but that can only happen by moving forward.  Kind of a funny coincidence, but this little tryptic is displayed very prominately in my room.



    First stop would be the Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture.  Logical place for an new artist to check into - the local Arts Center.  It is a very cool place, I stopped here on my previous visit.  I chatted with folks in the office, and in all the galleries.  My approach has been this:  I came back to Bozeman because of a feeling I got when I drove into town that first night (the full moon eclipse night in December).  This place is ripe for a public access glassblowing studio.  I feel it and everyone I have talked to has given me very positive feedback.  That is why I came back.  It's like there is a critical mass developing & I want to help push it over the edge to help make something happen.  I really enjoy exposing people to glassblowing, through demonstrations,  teaching & collaborating, and I decided to be very open about my thoughts.  Ideas cannot come to fruition if they stay swimming around in my head.  This has lead me on an interesting path since I have landed,  sort of a word of mouth adventure of "you should talk to so-and-so".  I have met a lot of folks so far in my short time here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you are a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back very soon. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job, have a nice weekend. We also provide a site instastalker about instagram, please go to

    ReplyDelete