Thursday, October 20, 2011

Shedding and Condensing

In other news- the Studio Sell-off began two weekends ago - many objects and tools have left the building, still a bit to go, but the majority is gone.  The reality of the size of my little truck is starting to sink in.  I have mocked up the space I have to deal with.


The blue chalk lines on the wall and the white chalk lines on the floor are the parameters.  48" wide, 60" long, 36" high in front, 42" high in the back.  The challenge is to condense everything into this.
Here's a photo of what "everything" was:


The good thing is that at this point I feel somewhat removed from most of the Stuff. I am now in the mode of transition into the new.  There is a life long collection of objects to let go of - memories ingrained in each.  Most of it has been unearthed, brought out to the surface and released.  Some of it lingers.  There is something about the energy that objects absorb. There is the stuff that was put into the object when it was created, then there is the stuff that collects over the years.  I have noticed that some objects lose their potency over time, and some that become more powerful.  The Temptation is to trash it all and walk away.  The Reality is that a lot of it will be very useful for the beginning of the Journey.  Since I have put strict limitations on space & storage (i am only storing a desk my grandfather made, and tax materials) I must sift through everything.
     Fortunately I have had help from friends with this process up to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment